1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cab Size?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by deerewashed, Jan 19, 2010.

?

Cab size

1. regular

31.7%
  2. ext

37.3%
  3. crew

31.0%
  1. valeofparadiseLLC

valeofparadiseLLC LawnSite Member

We have 1-single cab, 2-extended cab, 1-quad cab and a 4 door Yukon. All the vehicles work well for us as we run 2 man crews and all the vehicles work well when we plus up crews. The only thing that makes them different is where the guys toss their garbage, in the cab, back seat or bed of truck.

2. Lake Country Lawn Care

Lake Country Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NY

We have an F-150 ext. cab. We built boxes in the back seat for tools, tie-downs and things of that nature. I wish it had the long box, but they are hard to find with the F-150 extended cabs. Not enough room in the short bed!

3. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

i got a 95 f150 with regular cab but hopefully real soon im gonna step up to a crew cab diesel 3/4 ton,cuase i often need a crew of 3-4 guys.

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm running a regular cab long bed. I would like to get a four door F-350 in a few years though, long box still of course. Hopefully I can find one of the decent 05 or 06's. I'm a big fan of the charcoal gray they used on those during these years. The 07's had it too I think. Problem is finding one with a good motor.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I have all extended cab trucks and they are perfect for me. You can fit six people in em if needed but we usually run three man crews so that way there is extra room for the guys to put water, their lunches, and other stuff. Crew cabs are too expensive for work trucks imo.

6. TSB group

TSB group LawnSite Member

We never seem to have less than 2 trucks at any real jobs, and with 5 guys in 2 trucks isn't so bad.

7. TurboMazda

TurboMazda LawnSite Member

I vote regular, it is also called anti mother in law, just 2 seats, yours and your girl................................................
    1991 Mazda B2200 my current and favorite mini.

8. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

def an extended cab with the 8 ft bed

9. perdition_72

perdition_72 LawnSite Member

Single cabs work best for 3 man crews. Being that close to each other in between jobs will make them want to get out of the truck faster. Crew cabs are too comfortable for crews and they will stay in the truck longer when they arrive at jobs. I have seen it in action.

10. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

i just got another single cab diesel for pulling my tractor around,but if it wasnt a great deal i would have went for a crew cab.