1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cab Size?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by deerewashed, Jan 19, 2010.

Cab size

1. regular

2. ext

3. crew

1. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Crew cabs for the bosses, regular cabs for everyone else.
  2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

right now i'm running a regular cab, long bed.

i've been checking out newer trucks. i'm looking for either another regular cab long bed or extended cab regular bed.

i don't wanna increase the lenght of my rig on the truck end so extended cab long bed is out of the question.

i have a slim truck box from lowes that plan on keeping and using so i hate to go any less than regular bed. although a friend of mine pointed out if i get an extended cab i can put whats in the truck box now in the back of the cab. eliminating the truck box so a regular bed would be ok.

it'd be nice to have an extended cab being that the truck is also my personal vehicle. i'm always having to have others do the driving cause i can only take 1, 2 at the most with me.
  3. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Had an extended cab and now a quad/crew cab. Extended was just a pain. The front passengers always having to open their doors to let the back passengers out. Plus atleast once a week the person in front would slam the door shut without the back doors being closed.
  4. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

only once a week
  5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

hell i didn't even know extended cabs had back doors......:hammerhead: