Cabin Fever sucks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Nov 13, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

GRRRRRRRRRR, being bored is no fun, so I woke up to a nice sunny day, popped some goofy pills and got busy. Mediocre jobs are so much more fun with compact equipment at your disposal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-Oix5qfmI

There's some leaf clean up, a little mini excavator action, skid steer dumping hopper action and some minor mulching action.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

im jealous!!!
    looks like funnn

3. bobcat_ron

Ahh, it kept me busy for at least an hour, then 2 hours of editing.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Hey! I finally found something that wont tip a ztr machine!! :clapping:

I havent been on a machine in over a month:cry:

Was that your flail mower?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Cabin fever? For real. I'm ready for snow, I've been through my orientation and paperwork process for the winter gig. Hopefully we get slammed with snow in the next couple weeks.

6. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Ron you must be real bored. Ron how do you like that attachment how many yards can you fit in that thing

7. bobcat_ron

That hopper holds 3.5 cubic meters (4.5 cubic yards) according to the decal on the back, I've used it for demo work, bulk material and even pouring concrete inside of a chicken barn, it's a lot of fun to use, but only on dry packed surfaces, I was in wet sloppy hog fuel last year and I ended up bucket carrying it all.
    That is my Dad's flail mower, I pay for all the repairs and modifications I do to it, but he retains ownership of it, that POS gave us so many problems the first month we had it, Dad ended up putting a case drain line on the motor to prevent the seals from blowing out, and I need to make sure I run it for at least 20 minutes every month to keep the seals from hardening.
    This is something I do every year, depending on how much my mom cuts back the bushes and plants in the gardens and how much leaves fall, I've done piles 3 times larger than that, plus I yanked out 2 Bermuda grass plants that were 3 years old, that was fun, fun, fun, fun.
    In a month's time I will re-mulch that pile and spread it over some bare soil for next year's lawn.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  8. Junior M

Oh, just curious does he still have a skid?

Looks like your turning in to the real landscaper :laugh:

9. bobcat_ron

Nope, he sold the skid steer to me many moons ago.

10. Junior M

Oh, I was just curious if he kept one just to have one in case...