Cable Restoration

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BufalinoLand, Jul 7, 2001.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

wHATS THE GOING RATE FOR CABLE RESTORATION, i JUST HOOKED UP WITH A CONTRACTOR THAT RIPS IT. hE WANTS ME TO RESTORE IT, HE PAYS FOR ALL MATERIALS. WHAT SHOULD i CHARGE HOURLY OR PER FOOT. THANKS

2. what kind of cable are you talking about? but by most standards it goes by foot. how much i do not know. i know that for tree cables we get 15 dollars a foot.

3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

What are you doing for the restoration, seed? sod? spreading topsoil?

how big an area are you doing?

4. BufalinoLand

the area is only a foot to 2 foot wide. whats a good hourly I should charge and the contractor only wants top soil brought in when necessary and we seed and straw it and then were outa there. most of it has been sitting for a few months, how much more will it settle.

5. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

As long as you don't have top edge it all in, and it's all seed then I would figure a couple of thousand a day for the skid steer with preperator and two men. They should be able to seed a lot of ground a day:)

6. what kind of cables are you guys talkin about? tree, tv, electric, what? cause tree cables are up in the trees, and the others should be handled by the utility companies, right?

7. BufalinoLand

its tv cable about 1/2 inch diameter, 2 foot in the ground

8. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnboy82,
    He's talking about repairing turf after a utility contractor has trenched & damaged it to bury cable. I would give them an hourly rate charged from when you leave the shop until return & with a guaranteed minimum so that you can work it into your schedule easier.