Cable wire Oh NO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Jun 30, 2004.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Busted a cable wire up today using a mini bobcat excavator in my own yard. My brother is going to fix it says not worry. Call dig right before you dig guys. have more brains then me.

2. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

I use our mini-X every day and I'll be the first to share this with you.....you are required to call Dig-Safe (or whomever in your state) and get your #, but NOTHING shows up that is of any help. I can't count the times we have had properties scanned and they have not picked up utility lines, cable lines, water lines, etc etc. You have to use them, but they are a waste of time. We just did a job today where the Schedule 40 feeding the septic tank was 4" below the grade and the power feeding the garage was 6" (no conduit either). Homeowners are the miniXs worst enery. Sorry for the rant, bit lately every time the excavator works it hits something that "wasn't supposed to be there"

3. we hit 2 to 3 a year doing yard work, sure wish they were deeper. only time we call is when we hit them, if they can't put them any deeper than 2" they all should be hit.