Caged box for trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by S man, Apr 20, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Just wondering if anyone in Louisiana had a box that is caged in for the front of a trailer to put blowers and various tools in. I have a 5X12. Anyone have one they want to sell. The trailer place said 300-500 to make one. Is there somewhere I can buy one already made?

Thanks

2. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Scott,

My buddy owns a trailer shop and can fabricate you one for about that price.

That's about the going rate for trailer boxes..

I have toolboxes in our trucks so don't really need one, but, I think that if you don't, it'd be invaluable.

Let me know if you want his number; he's located in Kenner next to the airport.

3. S man

Yes I would like his number. Also it would be closer than going to mgs trailer depot in baton rouge.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

TCS has them for about $125...It doesn't have a lid so I'm not sure if you are interested.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yep I have the Tractor supply one also...........here is a link

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_43301_-1______14297|14337|14342|43301?listingPage=true

wayne

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Just my .02 here.

I've had cages on my trailers quite a while and still have one on my 20' trailer. But to tell you the truth, I like having racks for everything individually better. I use TrimmerTrap and on my 18' trailer I primarily use, I have a trimmer rack, two sprayer racks, and three blower racks. It keeps everything on the trailer "neat" and is easier to work with than a cage.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Saturday I welded up a frame and installed a 59" locking tool chest for the front of my trailer instead of the unsecured open top trailer box...the locking tool chest was $249 at TSC and was black diamond plate aluminum. My next project will be to either purchase or make a blower rack for my BR600 and racks for my gas cans.

8. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

that cage from tsc is too small for any blower only 18 in high not big enought

9. S man

Chase, what's the number for the guy you know???

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I just put tools and hand blowers, gas cans in my box....I have racks for the back packs and trimmers