Calculator

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Jan 16, 2008.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

2. My sister lives outside F. Collins. The city movers and shakers are trying to grow the town. Her husband owns some land on a road leading out of FC that he bought cheap for his roofing company that was flood plain listed when he bought it. Now to create more land to build on this land has suddenly lost its flood land designation. Obviously he will make a killing but they are desperate to find land to build on and redoing the town. They have a major ground water problem. Many of the houses in the canyon have lost their water and are being sold way below their purchase price. I'd never live their because it is way too pretentious of a place for me. I'd prefer wyoming myself.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

That'll be nice down the road (pardon the pun) when the property floods and everyone asks why its desgnation was removed to encourage growth!

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Verrry interrresting, the flood plain rezoning. Normally, I'd think that stuff would be all but etched in stone, in the sense that there is some big-ass flood, and the aerial photographs pretty much establish the high water boundaries.

Not that it stops the politicos. There are occasional proposals to develop some island in the Delaware River near Philadelphia, that gloss over the fact that the island could be entirely submerged in times of flood. Jersey has some legislation that tries to anticipate this sort of thing by allowing daily fines in the four-figures for actions taken in violation of parts of their flood control act.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Expensive rent, at that rate.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's almost kind of funny when you read the Jersey legislation, as if it were saying "We're tired of you local political hacks trying to pull this nonsense, so don't even think of going there."

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice call-out sheet, I wonder if the plans are ever reviewed or inspected in
    the field after installation?