Call Back Timing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by barefootlawnsandlandscape, Mar 13, 2006.

1. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering how everyone handled call backs. What is the time frame that most of you wait to call a potential customer back after you have bid their property. I did about 15 bids last week and have heard from only 5. The good thing is that the five I heard from are now under my contract. I was thinking about a week would be sufficient, but I want these people to know I want their business.

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

IF I BID THE PROPERTY AND NO ONE IS HOME I LEAVE A QUOTE AND CALL BACK AS SOON AS I GET HOME. THAT WAY THEY KNOW I CARE. I would try to ask them when they expect to get back with me. and if they did not get back in that timeframe i would do a follow up.

3. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

24 hours, or the quicker the better. Whichever comes first

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If they don't answer that night I call the next day. 99.99% of the time I have a yes or no when I leave the house.
    People don"t have family meetings to discuss the lawn contract. They know at the time of 1st looking. Same goes for me wanting the job, I know when I drive up if I am going to take it. From there never sell price. only quality.
    If they do not want me to do the work for them, the only thing on their mind is how to get me out of the house without telling me that. And I am a very good salesmen so I will get them to tell me that night. On the very rare time I leave without the answer I will call around 8:00AM and just ask "What did you decide" but I already know it is going to be no.

5. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

I put in a qoute yesturday, and they told me they will get back to me but they havent should i call them, I kind think if u call back it sounds like your desperate

6. barefootlawns

barefootlawns LawnSite Member

how did you come up with your business name? I have the same one god thing you dont live in Oklahoma.

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

First, They will not get back to you.
    Second, You are in this to make MONEY!!! Make the CALL, you are desperate. Don't be afraid to sell!

8. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just a name I thought of. I was a golf course superintendent and I walked my greens barefoot to make sure they were staying cool in the summer heat (bentgrass greens). As I walked them I thought if I started my own lawn care business I would name it Barefoot Lawns. I didn't have a clue other's were using the same name, but no one in Arkansas.

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I don't if they want me and accept my bid they call me.That's for landscaping only though so it may be different with mowing.I never had to call anyone back if they want me they have my # on the estimate or they hire me when I present my estimate..if I leave an estimate same thing they will call me.