call for clean up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Mar 29, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I sent my customers a letter about a month ago telling them when i was starting and all that. I have not had a great response on the behalf of my customers with clean ups and that today was a nice day about 60 and not really anyone was working. i was wondering do u think its a good idea to contact my customers by phone and let them know i am scheduling for clean ups. ?
  2. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

please? 1
  3. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

since you have already sent a letter i think that a phone call makes you come off as pushy or desperate,i did the same thing and they are calling one here one there , some people just take thier time.
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

If you sent out the letter a week or two ago maybe I would say no, and give them a chance to respond. However, you say it has been a month.

I think that I would follow up. Only because it has been a month. I would make it more like "Hi xxxx, this is xxxx, just wanted to touch base with you as spring is here and it is getting to be that time. I recently sent out information to all my customers about xxxx, and just wanted to make sure that you received it and to find out if you have any questions. If yes, or no. Great we will be performing clean ups to prepare the lawns for the up comig season. If yes schedule the appointment, if no. That is fine. If you decide that you change your mind and want us to do it just let us know. We will be doing clean ups from xxxx to xxxx. At that point we will be getting into the cutting season blah blah blah blah. Word it how you want. Just my .02. I have found that many people forget or they misplaced the letter, etc.

We sent out a letter in regards to signing back up for this season around Feb. Some called and returned the form, and many did not. We recently called many of our customers and they signed right back up. It happens.