Call from welding fab co.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by franniedog, Jul 7, 2004.

1. franniedog

franniedog LawnSite Member

Yesterday I got a call from a large fabrication co.They wanted to see my lawn vehicle in action after hearing about it.They were very impressed and the shop super actually came up with a great feature to add to the truck.He says he can run right offf my hydraulics and hook up a great hydraulic boom setup for my leal vac just like the commercial ones for towns and such.Great idea and I will take him up on this for sure.no more bending over and all.This truck just gets better and better.My wife figured our gas bill for May.The last month I had the old rig.720.00.For june the first month with the new rig.320.00

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

And that on top of saving the $600.00/week in labor, this thing is a $$$ maker! Congrats man, you deserve it.

3. franniedog

Hey Elephants Nest.YOU remembered that I am saving that labor charge.Pretty cool.And you are so right,it is a money maker and really fun too.I have some real cool grahics going on the cab this week.I will post a picture when I get them.

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

franniedog I did'nt get a chance to say congrat's on the new truck. Have fun with it and I hope that truck brings you a ton of new work.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am still jealous of this thing

6. franniedog

LazerZ thanks for the congrats,I am certainly enjoying this thing to the max.And Tideman I felt real jealous when I first discovered this truck on the web.I actually never really dreamed I would actually have one but this dream materialized.

7. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Yes, please do post the pics with the new graphics. That truck is now on my "Must Have" list! Thanks for sharing...

8. LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2 LawnSite Member

Hey, you're only up the road a bit from us!

If you see a short little brunette yelling & waving at you, it's probably me. I am actually reconizable from my avtar.

The baby and I made a run to Superior in Southington a couple weeks ago & we saw your truck while we were driving. I drive a dark green '98 Chevy Blazer with CT Veteran's Plates & USMC stickers on the back window.

9. franniedog

Cleancut,by all means when you replace your truck,go this route and you will never regret it.I am having so much fun!

Liberty lawns,I tend not to see much around me but if you flag me down and tell me who you are then I will know just who saw my truck run by superior.I see heads turning all the time as I drive this rig

10. LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2 LawnSite Member

franniedog - don't worry, if I'm jumping up & down and waving - you won't miss me. I usually have a bright red Liberty Lawncare T shirt on.

Just out of curiousity - is this truck a maintenance nightmare? My husband contends that all the grease fittings, numerous hydraulic hoses, electrical wires & switches makes for a maintenance nightmare from hades. Is the pump run mechanically or by electrical motors?

What's the GVW?

We're having a serious discussion over here about your truck.

I'd love to see it in action. May have to come help with a clean-up just so I can see it work. :)