call me an @zz if you wish to !!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by befnme, Jul 4, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i have had it. :angry: on friday and saturday i see all the weekend warriors running around with their durango or cutlass pull their so so equipment :cry: . but what really kills me is they all have a backpack sprayer or a 2 gallon hand held strapped on there. sometimes you see a lawn tractor with a sprayer mounted on it . and according to the ncagr there are only 40 or so licensed applicators in sampson county. so user beware " I CALLED THE MAN ON YOU " . thats right i hope they all get huge fines . if i step on any toes then stop applying chemicals illegaly :nono: . i hope more of you that are licensed also get fed up and call your local dept. of ag. and turn some folks in .
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

You have to much time on your hands!!! Just worry about what your doing. They will get caught sooner or later.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

So whats the problem, hes just making sure they are caught sooner.
  4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I've never turned anyone in but I know what you're talking about.
    It's blazing hot in the summer, and We'll be out spraying in our long sleeved shirts, pants boots and sweaty rubber gloves and we see Jack part-timer pull up w/ his backpack sprayer, shorts and sandals and just a spraying away. You know he's not trained, licensed, or paying annual licensing fees like we are, probably doesn't even pay taxes, and he thinks he's hit the jack-pot if he gets $20 for treating a lawn.
  5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I bet they don't get caught any sooner then if you didn't say anything. JMO!!!
  6. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That's the problem.... they don't get caught.
    With the number of hack jobs toting sprayers out in the open; I doubt there is any enforcement.
    It tweaks me up when I explain to a potential customer that I cannot spray anything; then the customer tells me that I must be the only one w/o a license:dizzy:
  7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

heres the kicker . i talked to a guy of whom i've known for a while . but he just started spraying lawns w/out a license .and he's laughing that he mighta just and i quote " killed " a guys lawn . i'm like what did you do ? he says after i sprayed i read the directions ." after " he says. and comes to find you must not mow immediately before or after applicaton or damage may result . after ? how did he even know what the rate was ? i said " your insurance will cover it " and he was like ;) . insurance ? that iced the cake for me .
  8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

The only way they get caught is if someone drops a dime on them.
    No lisence and no record of you spraying BUT the second you become legit they have all your info to keep track of you. Now thats BS.
  9. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hey befnme, is there something wrong with your website?
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah that's right because unless they catch man in the act, there's nothing anybody can do.
    Besides, who cares about JoeSchmo in their personal vehicle anyhow, they're just doing whatever, maybe they happen to be the homeowner who just came from the Rent-A-Center with the stupid sprayer thing in tow... Gee, is someone going to turn me in when I rent a pressure washer to spray off my house with a bleached solution, being how I live here and I don't need a license to do this on my own place or what?

Then there are some states where most Lco's simply will NOT be able to get licensed because the requirements state you must first work for a certified Co for a minimum of 2 years and other horsecrap that's just about impossible to get around and either you're lucky or maybe they just have a problem they have to live with.

So if anyone is licensed, GREAT, I'm very glad it was easy, around here you basically need to take night classes at a community college (no I am not joking) and you have to do this every 2 years.