Call me crazy but I call BS!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok must vent here for a few minutes. This might have been brought up once before....hey maybe even I posted it before but once again I feel its time I bring it up again

I go to get my hair cut bi-weekly....must tip the nice lady

I eat out lunch and dinner atleast 4-5 times meals a week...tip waitress

I got pizza delivered to the house lastnight...you got it tipped the delivery guy!

Went over a friends house lastnight and while there the pool cleaning crew were just finishing up. tipped him very well!

When spending the night at a hotel its always somewhat expected if staying for multiple nights to tip.

When turning in a bad bad person to the FBI usually get a tip (Osama?)

ME I am at your house weekly at the same time same day everyweek im more consistant with my mowing schedule than most of my clients are on the toilet!

NO TIPS! we do superior work and get PLENTY of compliments . We service 60% commercial and 40% residential atleast 30% of our residential clients live in homes from 750K+ I have watched them tip the guy who delivered their fire wood I have watched them tip the guy who washes their car EVERY WEEK and yet I get no tips? :dizzy:

Christmas roles around and we get a few tips here and there and I am VERY appreciative for them. Always write hand written letters back to them letting them know how much they mean to our company. Every year we get less and less tips around x-mas. Out of around 55 residential clients we may see tips from 5-6 of them. Most of those tips goes to my employees and I don't mind that...even when I get the tip I persoanlly turn around and give it to my employees because they mean just as much to me as my clients do. :usflag:

How do you guys feel about this ? :hammerhead:

2. rb_in_va

rb_in_va LawnSite Member
    from VA

You get your hair cut twice a week? She must be good lookin! And you tip your friend's pool cleaning crew? I never tip at hotels.

3. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Bi weekly means every other week.

4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Include a 5-10% tip on your next invoice.

You must shave your head if you have it done Bi-weekly

I get tips here and there not too often, only a ew clients tip or one time large landscape customer once in awhile.

5. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe the customers you have I had one tipp me $ 50.00 a week ago I kinda felt bad for taking it

6. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

I bet you wouldn't be complaining about tipping if you still had all that money you wasted on tipping people who have jobs and work for their pay. In my mind, people shouldn't expect tips.

Rent the movie resevoir dogs and watch the part where they're at the diner. Mr. Pink explains why he doesn't tip. He's right, society says "tip these people over here but don't tip these other people." Two words...learn to effin type! LOL

No one should get extra credit for something they're supposed to do. Going above and beyond may warrant a tip, but it's not expected and shouldn't be.
    IMHO

7. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I consider it a tip just to have everyone pay me on time every month.

8. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

same here.

I figure the tip is in my price. If im thinking the yard is a 45 per cut yard I usually say 50, soI 5 bucks ahead of the game if they say go for it.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The people you are tipping are employees.. an employee of the hotel, an employee of the pool company, and employee of the restaurant, an employee of the pizza establishment....
    You're the owner right??? It's a little different.

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

1MajorTom...its not really different. As I said WHEN I do get tips I pass them on to my employees.

I guess ill never tip again when I go out to eat. I didn't realize I was wrong for giving my waitress at Chilli's a tip.

Just as most shave their faces daily to keep a clean cut image I get my hair cut every other week to keep a clean image. Didn't realize it was that big of a deal....$20 bucks a month wow