Call me Lazy.... I don't mind!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Well yesterday I bought a new mower.... been wanting a small rider to use in my gated back yards. Was tired of using a walkbehind.

So far I am impressed with the purchase. It is a Husky EZ4217... It is somewhat of a light duty commercial, heavy duty residential mower. Same hydro system as the new Scag freedom Z.... 17 horse V-twin kawasaki..... 3 small blades under the fabricated deck.... it is just like my Wildcat, only smaller!

Cut only one yard with it so far, my own.... Which is seeded heavy with winter rye. Surprisingly it cut it very nicely and no clumps at all. I have never used a mower on Winter rye that didn't choke up under the deck and spit out tons of clumps.

We will see how it holds up. I work alone and only would use it a few times a week. My 3 year old 36 inch Scag is up for sale now - 2000$ firm including the 2 wheel velkie - and it was used so little, it still has the original blades - that have never been removed - on it and they are still sharp.

2. Fleming Lawn Services

Fleming Lawn Services LawnSite Member

would very interested in your scag but in louisville, ky. You have any pictures, just for my curiosity?

3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

congrats on the new purchase man...sounds like the machine warrants itself in your business....

too bad its a husqvarna:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

good luck with it.......you lazy s.o.b!! :laugh: just kidding of course!

5. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have pictures of either mower.... And left the 36 Scag at the lawnmower shop to let the owner sell it for me on consignment. He said a new Scag 36 is 2999$ plus tax and another 300$ or so for the velkie and he said that is the price, that there is not enough mark up in them for him to discount them much. So he felt that as clean as mine is, he could sell it fast.

If anyone wants it, come and get it. I promise you that you won't be disappointed. The one thing I should mention is the safety levers have been removed - I disable the safetys on all my mowers - and I am not sure if I still have them or if I threw them away.

I was not excited about buying a Husky..... But when you look at this thing, it is so small and simple, there just isn't much to go wrong with it. I have to say with all honesty, it cut better than any mower I have used before on my own lawn, and it laid down some nice stripes.

And yes I am lazy!