Call tonight "my lawn needs mowed" Ive been there 2 times already...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I just love dealing with people sometimes... My phone rings tonight, one of my older female customers, calling to tell me that her lawn needs mowed and why haven't I been by yet this spring? Ummm, I HAVE I tell her, last tuesday I mowed and put down fertilizer and pre-em and the tuesday before I blew out leaves and mowed. I even took special care to blow off her patio where her flowering *I forget the name of it* had dumped large brown petals everywhere. It was plenty tall both weeks and I mowed it at 2.5" both times. Just so happens that tuesday is her bingo afternoon and that's why she wasn't there... Humm, not home means I didn't mow??? Did the grass shoot back to 6" tall when I left???
    Then she tells me that she had a couple mexican boys come and clean up her leaves last tuesday, evidently after I had been there (late afternoon, after she was back home) and also trimmed her shrubs. WHAT LEAVES??? and she thinks I'm screwing her... Iv'e seen their trimming job too, they always leave enough stragglers uncut to assure they can come back in 2 weeks and do it again!

I left a door hanger STUCK to the door when I fertilized, no wind that day either to blow it off... I know she thinks I'm sticking it to her, but I also know I have witnesses to my being there (daycare across the street that was letting out while I was there mowing). I guess my next thing I'm going to have to print up and leave on doors is one saying "I mowed you lawn today, please open your eyes and look at it!"

Just another rant tonight, I know this site is FULL of these... Oh well, I guess I will see her on tuesday, providing I don't show up while she's at bingo again!
  2. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a real winner there Jason. Don't you just hate idiots like that. It's like if they don't watch you cut it it wasn't done.
    Did it finally warm up there? I was home a few around Easter and the whole week I was there it did't get above 50. Did I miss Florida. And it rained for 3 days to. We left on Easter sunday and it was and it was 70. Hope it's warmed up for you.
    Have a good season.
  3. Texas Mowem

Texas Mowem LawnSite Member
    from Texas

What I really hate is idiots who make stupid comments about people. The lady sounds like she has beginning symptoms of dimentia. Grow up Chad
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

No she just sounds like a run of the mill idiot to me.
  5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Her and Texas Mowem. In a class all by themselves.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Update... Well, I went there today (before bingo) and mowed. Hedges looked like they hadn't even been touched at all! I finished up and she paid me fine for 3 weeks and the fert. no complaints at all. Wierd I tell ya... Maybe she asked her neghibor if I had been there? Who knows, I got paid and that's all that matters. It's a weekly cut till it gets hot, then it's only bi-weekly. fescue, bermuda weeds and dirt make up the lawn. I wouldn't have cried if I lost it lemme tell ya. But as tight as my finances are this season and as hard as the competition is pushing here I'm happy and lucky for every lawn I have to mow!
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That statment is a common belief by MANY old people!!
  8. Sky King

Sky King LawnSite Member

Down here in Florida their are more people cutting than their are lawns.

How low do you cut? You said you cut here lawn 2 1/2?
  9. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I had one last week call me and ask when I was going to aerate. I did it 3 days prior to her phone call. You think not knowing when you cut it bad, how about not seeing all of the cores and holes all over the yard??? Some people are just blind I guess.

10. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Why is the custmor always a stupid person for not noticeing something!Keep in mind the clock of time will get us all.A GOOD BUSINESS PERSON WILL ALWAYS LET THE PROPERTY OWNER KNOW IN ADVANE THAT HE WILL BE THERE DOING WORK ON ____ 23 ____aPROX 2 PM............SIMPLE AND CUTS OUT CONFUSSION :cool: