Called a part time helper i used last year and this is what his machine said

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Todd's lawncare, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

joe shmo landscaping service and lawn care spring clean ups starting at 10 an hour . And a list of some other stuff should i use him for part time help this year or no ? Have and of your helpers done this? what do you guys think
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

you used the guy "part time" last year AND you think he should be at home waiting for your call this year?
  3. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldn't, hes your competition now and might try to take your customers away.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

If you used him part time last year he already knows your accounts. I say use him but before he starts have him sign a no competition contract with you so he can't take your customers. I use a contract like that with all my sub contract work before I tell them word one about the job. He may not want to work for you, he might spend his part time working for his company!
    good luck
  5. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't bring him back. Find someone else, like the other guys said; you don't want him trying to steal your customers.
    I wouldn't want to work with my competition.
  6. LawnSite Senior Member

My comment is $10 an hour for spring clean ups? :blob3:
  7. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

He has done his on off and on for years now. I never had him work on any any of my weekly accounts only one time job like mulch and landscaping and hauling jobs . The guy does good work and can work on his own and can be trusted on the job site alone if and when i go to get plants mulch etc.. I am more worried about his CHEAP rate for spring cleanups. I don't mind him taking an account if its at the same rate but 10 bucks and hour
  8. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I can count 14 ads in the paper and all but 5 have FREE SPRING CLEANUP in bold letters at the top
  9. LawnSite Senior Member

Hahaha, free spring clean up for these scrubs probably isn't a real spring clean up.
  10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Hire him as a subcontractor at $10/hour for him to do the jobs and sell the jobs at $65/hour....whats the problem?