Called Tonight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 16, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I got the weirdest call tonight. In a nutshell the guy was basically asking for a fall clean up since it was snowing today figure that it would be better to do.

I am still confused about the phone call:dizzy:

2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i got a call once, this lady started out with a story about this tree in her front yard. said it had been there all of her life and was wondering when it was going to quit growing.

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

i had one call last year. asked if i could cut it one more time we had 6in of snow on the ground

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

once had a guy call up in a rainstorm asked if i could cut his yard today. i just hung up

5. tiedeman

from earth

that was like a lady 2 years ago that asked me to do a fall clean up...it was December 28th.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We had a one time leaf cleanup call four years ago on Dec. 22. We had already had 2 moderate snows, and it had just melted around the 20th. She was having company for Christmas, and wanted the property cleared.It was a half acre yard, covered 1 foot deep across most of the yard. When we left, she wrote a check for $3K, about 140.00 extra than the bill. She became a regular client until she moved last year.

7. tiedeman

from earth

The latest that I have ever done a clean up was the 6th of December.

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Had a customer at my old job that would call frequently for skips, she kept calling weekly and leaving messages up until the middle of January :dizzy: Finally I called her back and told her we had stopped mowing 2 months ago...

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO!!:D ..some people!

10. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Work in a community where elevation is 2000 ft. difference from bottom to top.One guy at top says come plow snow;another guy at bottom on same morning says come do leaf cleanup.I head down the road with the plow on front ;trailer with Walker on the rear and salt hopper laying in truck bed.Lco's in the area ragged me for 2 weeks.