Calling all equipment designers!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by weedwoop, May 24, 2003.

1. Yeah Tiedeman!!! I've been looking for ANYTHING like that. I'm almost to the point of buying an extendable pole-saw, and replacing the chain-saw head with weed-whacker head.

Someone needs to offer an extended length Trimmer. Another solution would be to change the angle of the head. But it'd be much better (simpler too) to just offer a longer shaft.

Lots of problems with a short shaft ...

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Echo has you covered! PB 260i

Designed to be started while on your back.

3. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I'm testing out a 6 wheel atv, remember the ones that float? A pull behind mower deck with pontoons finishes it off!

The weather hasn't been that bad, I only missed 4 lawns (non critical before the holiday.

4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Here in central Texas, I went 87 days without any type of rain.
    The first week in March, it was already 104* F. Add in the heat factor at it was over 113*F.
    As I write this I am in my office and not out working due to the rain which has FINALLY got here.
    Soaked turf conditions it not something I typically encounter here.

5. laserman

laserman LawnSite Member

Try turning a set of hi lifts upside down so your mower will be like a hover craft and you can skim across the ponds/lawns helpful for crossing swollen rivers also. Try filling velky tire with helium too, helps with ruts.:rolleyes:

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

been under water now for a while.
    but even tho mowing with snorkle on is getting old ,ill never complain about too much rain again. not after last yr.:)

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Tiedman, Bluesteel, have you guys contacted any of the manufacturers about this? It would seem to me that if everyone that had a similar complaint actually contacted the manufacturers, that one of them would eventually step up.

But if they don't know...........ya know?

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

gogetter,
    Thanks for the good idea. I just recently sent Stihl, (which is my major brand of trimmer I use besides Shindawia) an email and hopefully I will hear back from them.

9. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

if we're gonna think like this, how about just having a button you push, all the works done and the checks in the mailbox :D wouldnt that be nice!

10. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

That it, the best idea the magical thing I was looking for.

Thanks Scaper.

I will look into.

Well for the moment I will be thanking mother nature for this rain, cause even tough all my customers are on a contract it makes me feel good having this much work, and having people calling my office every day, cause the guy that was suppose to mow their lawn, never showed up, actually this fast growing season makes my company stand up from the rest, last year with the drought, I didn't really see that many houses with clumps all over, but this year there's quite a lot.

Keep the rain coming.