1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Gear Heads!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Jan 30, 2005.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I have a 20HP Kohler v-twin with 1500 hrs on it. I was considering rebuilding it but i don't have the time, so any gear heads that want an engine can pm me. I'm asking $50 for it. It does run good now but still needs to be rebuilt. This motor is located in NJ. Must sell!!!

- Matt
  2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

What you buying with the $50 once its sold.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If I was closer to you, i'd buy that in a heart beat.
  4. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

i'm either gonna hang on to it or put in toward helper springs for my truck.
  5. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

where in nj do you live?? i'll take that motor off your hands for 50.00.
  6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: quick ?, if it runs well why does it need to be rebuilt, 1500 hours isnt so bad. i have kohler pushing 3000 and they run like new. just curious. Tony
  7. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

Just run the thing into the ground, you may be surprised how many more hours you get out of er.
  8. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

well it runs good for now but i have to monitor the oil level very close and change the plugs often. Yes I could of kept it, but i wanted to start out fresh for next year & not have to worry about getten a new engine mid-season. I bought it used so that has alot to do with it as well, If i had bought it new then I would of gotten 3000 + out if it (maintenance freak). Generally I will run the engine to it's last leg but not this time.
  9. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

maybe he missed mine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  10. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Saw an article where 18HP kohlers run for 35,000 hours in the oil fields in texas. Hooked up to natural gas for an oil well pumping station. 24/7 for 5 years or more. Oil and filters,plugs regular maintance