calling all pros

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by jro2625, Apr 17, 2004.

1. jro2625

jro2625 LawnSite Member

I am researching commercial ztr's and i want to know some opinions on mowers that have sealed parts that cannot be greased or ones that can be greased and your experiences with them. I am about 99.9% sold on the tiger cub 20hp 48" b/c of the $5999 price and it is completely greasable. Also what parts are sealed and greasable on the cub cadet commercial and dixie choppers. It looks like Gravely, Exmark, Kubota, Bob-Cat are all sealed parts.

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

What part of Nashville are you servicing?

3. jro2625

jro2625 LawnSite Member

I am not servicing anyone. I am just doing research to see which mower i want to buy. I want to make sure if i am going to spend 6k it's a dang good mower.

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

check out a used grasshopper it is greaseable and i have had good luck with it it sucks to the hills like a suction cup.... i have a frontmount but you may want to check out the mid-mount

5. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

I've owned 2 Grasshopper front mounts with baggers. The blade spindles have grease zerts and I have never had to replace a spindle bearing. The vacuum blowers do not have greaseable bearings, and I have had to replace at least 5 sets of blower bearings. Approx. 1400 hrs. on the first mower, about 720 on the current one.

Draw whatever conclusions you wish. That said, more and more, mfrs. are going to sealed-for-life bearings.

6. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

You'll also find some with zert fittings for optional greasing (not required or recommended, but still available). If you have a Country Clipper dealer nearby, check out their brand new Charger. I just ordered the 23 hp 52" for $5845. It has a convenient flip-up deck, twin- or single joystick controls, Kohler/Kawasaki option, and a 4-yr commercial warranty. Good luck!