Calling All Scag Guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cooperlandscaping, Jun 7, 2008.

1. cooperlandscaping

cooperlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from NE ohio

Need Your Help!!!!!
    Looking To Buy A New Zero Turn Rider. Do Mostly Homes No Field Clearing Or High Grass. What In Your Opinion On The Tiger Cub And The Wildcat.i Want The 52" Or The 60". Now Take In Account The Money Factor And What Engine Would You Get On Either. Please I Need You Guys Help Want To Buy This Mower Soon.
  2. skeet

skeet LawnSite Member

In March I bought a 61" tiger cub with 25 hp kohler $8,000. built tough!
    for smaller yards you may not want to go over 54" wide
  3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Go ahead and get the Wildcat 52" 26 liquid cooled kawasaki. I mowed with a 52" 25 air cooled wildcat for 2 years. I miss the hell out of that mower sometimes. Talked to the man that bought it a couple of weeks ago, it now has 1100 hrs on it w/ no problems. Great all around mower. Good decision to buy Scag you won't regret it. "Simply the Best":usflag:
  4. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

My Tiger Cub 52 Velocity has about 40 hours on it now. NOTHING I can find fault with! Does have the 25 HP Kohler really, really a great engine. Had a 26 Briggs on another Scag.... would NEVER get another. You get what you pay for.... and Scag is a great value for the money I think.
  5. Buddy Buds

Buddy Buds LawnSite Member

I have the Wild Cat 25 Kawi 52 inch and I love it. Tax and all 8700.
  6. cooperlandscaping

cooperlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from NE ohio

Are Any Of You Guys Running A Bagger Set-up
  7. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I just run the side bagger on my 48/19 cub. it works alright. If you are doing a good bit of bagging I would buy the tri bag bagger for it they work great. Great mower and for residentials I would go for the cub. Less weight and less money so you can get mulch baffle and bagger to. Get the biggest kawi or kohler you can afford. And by the way the 48/19 is selling for 6995 ar my dealer in georgia.
  8. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I bought the TT with the 29 Kawi LC DFI-I do large properties and love the ride. Go with the DFI-mine uses .98 gallons/hr-it'll save $$$$ in the long run.:drinkup:
  9. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Tand M the 23 kohler is the biggest engine you can get with the 48 inch deck correct?? I like the 19 hp kawi alot but I will be mulching a good bit.. what would you suggest...

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

My Tiger Cub has the 25 Kohler/61" deck. It cuts great. My only problem is, it will scalp the lawn as the Cub doesn't have anti-scapling wheels on the rear corners of the 61" deck or any deck for that matter. The TT comes with the wheels on the rear corners as it has a longer chassis/frame. I talked to my dealer about it and he said he'll order the brackets and wheels for me and I'm going to do some fabricating to the deck and put the scalping wheels on in hopes it will stop the scalping. Other then that, it's a great mower. I'm going to order the triple bagger kit for it this week since I've needed it at a few lawns I cut. I've gotten by without it but really feel the lawns will look 10 times better by bagging the extra clippings. I hate looking back after you blew the grass down with some leaves in it and it looks trashy. It just doesn't look clean and neat and I want my lawns to look their best.