Calling all Turf Tracer HP owners for accessory help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, Sep 5, 2007.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Fellas, I just bought a 2001, 48" TTHP and want to set it up with a OCDC and Striping Roller. I also want to be able to use my Accelerator Bagger when needed. Could you guys suggest a quality striping roller and what you are using on your machines that will allow me to use the Accelerator without having to remove the OCDC.

OCDC's I have looked into so far and their issues. I have been told that the Power Chute will not work because of clearance issues with the belt covers, and that using Accelerator with the EZchute will require me to remove the EZchute every time I want to bag. Any other quality OCDC's I can look at?

Regarding the striping roller, the only manufacturer I have found for the 48"TTHP is Big League Lawns (Checkmate) which I had and liked on my zero turn. I will purchase or make another but want to see if there is anything better out there.

2. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

I have 2 TTHP's. One is side discharge and the other is equipped with Exmark's micro mulch kit and blocker plate. Neither of these have striping kits, and the both lay em down as if the stripes were painted onto the lawn. They are TriVantage decks.

Dont know much on your OCDC dilemma though.

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

bELTING CUT 4" WIDE THE LENGTH OF DECK (MAY 50") . let 2" HANG BELOW BACK EDGE OF DECK' BOLT IN PLACE. the easiest to put on and have found no other that will strip any better.

4. FERT-TEK

Will that cause any blowout issues with leaves in the fall?

5. FERT-TEK

Any idea what deck they put on the TTHP's built in 2001? I just bought the machine and am trying to set it up the way I like.

6. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure it's the Tri-v. Measure the depth. If it's 5" it should be the tri-v.

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The belting will not cause any blow out at any time.

8. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

it is a tri v a great deck for cut but mine leaves the clippings at the cut length meaning no recutting of clippings. trimmer trap makes one that works on the exmark trv floating deck. It is a nice piece. as far as a stripe look under the mower between the drive tires is a saftey flap rubber make your own a little longer just don't make it to long or when you back up you mow it over.

9. FERT-TEK

Will the trimmer trap allow you to use a grass catcher, accelerator in this case? What do you think of the linkage setup near the handle that controls the OCDC looks kind of cheep.

10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been told ny man diff. landscapers that trimmer traps makes the best one out their that actually does it's job. Plus rember you need something that floats.