Calling Customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by exmark user, Jan 21, 2011.

1. exmark user

exmark user LawnSite Senior Member

Whens a good time call my current customers and book them for the upcoming season.

Also when is a good time to call customers about spring cleanups- aerations, seeding thattype of stuff!!
  2. ef200098

ef200098 LawnSite Member

now! If you dont sell it to them, someone else will. Just because you cut grass, doesn't automatically make them go to you for all their other lawn and garden needs, you have to make that so. Most of my customers are already set up for the upcoming season. I go around usually in dec after fall clean ups and talk to them about upcoming season, keeping same rates blah blah.

Most people are not thinking about grass now, which is good for you. if you wait untill march or april you will be playing the price fighting game all over agian.

Cardinal Lawn
  3. Hook and Ladder

Hook and Ladder LawnSite Member

Now is an excellent time- there are some lull days this time of the year which are great for emails, phone calls, snail mail etc.
  4. exmark user

So you guys are sure I should call my clients and tell them about my mowing and spring cleanups when is a good time to start seeding and areating?

What Should I say ezactly to them?
  5. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Saturday morning at 6:00am, they are bound to be home.
  6. exmark user

Serious ?:sleeping:
  7. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i call all of mine first thing in the spring right around the end of march or beginning of april. plus when we send out the last invoice on the bottom we say we will see you next season.if they dont want us to return next season they will send a note with their final payment.
  8. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

If you plow and are quoting snow & ice now is the time to sell on full service. For us in Ohio March is usually when i start marketing and sending out letters to my existing customer base.

I would try to stay at least a month ahead of 1st service date.
  9. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I will send out scheduling letters to all current customers at the here in a few weeks. On those letters is a date in which we want the customer to be called in and scheduled by and a tentative date as to when our season will begin. Most people are good at calling in, especially if they have been our customers for multiple years. A few days after the call in date have passed we will follow up with a phone call for those who did not call in.
  10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You should have sent out a well written letter in January. Followed by a courtesy call to confirm and let the customer know you are putting your schedule together and want to make sure you save a spot for them.
    Posted via Mobile Device