1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Calling Dr.pressure

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 2, 2008.

1. In case he just reads the thread titles. Will Kiril and Wet Boots please pose the question the way you want Dr.Pressure to consider it.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Once more, then. In a home with a basement water meter, I do a flow-and-pressure test, and come away with a dynamic pressure reading, call it DP, and the flow at which it was measured, call it F. I also measured the static pressure, call it SP ~ Now I want to calculate what my flow will be at a dynamic pressure different than the one that I measured.

For the sake of simplicity, it will be assumed that the measurements all apply to a point just downstream of the water meter, where my takeoff will be. In real life, the plumbing in some houses would introduce some difficulties into getting measurements this 'pure' - but it can be done. There are no PRVs anywhere upstream of the measurements.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

i sense he is calculating the equations right now.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Always worked for me.