Calling old style surfer owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royalslover, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you had trouble with your old style surfer leaving a little windrow right at the outside of the chute? My deck is clean, I have new highs and it still leaves a little windrow. You can see a little tornado action at the back of the chute and the grass just swirls around. This is on dry grass that shoud not be doing this.
    I did try a gator on the right side and that seemed to help a little.

2. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Little Windrow? I thought my Surfer was designed to leave nice thick clumps of grass everywhere-mine does a great job at it. I've given up on trying to get a nice cut from my Surfer. I demoed a Lazer Z today and the difference was night and day in cut quality. I run gators or high lifts on mine-does OK, as long as the grass isn't long or wet. Is your deck "pitch" set correctly?"

3. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Could try High lifts on discharge side???

Get on the GD forum and see what they can suggest??

4. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

What GD Forum? Today I cut several different types of grass with it and it actually did great. I need to get 3 gator blades. I think maybe there was too much airflow.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Just so you know i bet i can leave better clumps with mine. Maybe ill post some pics.

6. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Go up and click on the lawnsite logo in the top left....... and scroll down on the page till you see the Greatdane logo.....then click on that.

You might find it there ;)