1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Calling on old customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Feb 23, 2003.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

As alot of you know, I had to give up my business last year..I'm ready for it again..My question is, is would it be a good idea to call or even go see some of my old customers and try to get them back?
  2. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

why did you have to give it up?
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

As long as you left everything on good terms with old customers, then YES. And get there quick before they decide to go with someone else. Everyone hits a bump in the road and they will hopefully understand. Especially the women, try to meet with them if possible.
  4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I got real sick and spent 7 days in the hospital..I was put of work for almost 3 weeks total..I had no-one I could depend on to keep my lawns up..So from that I lost over 1/2 of my accounts, and never recovered..So I made a choice to let my business go and give something else a try..I have a full time job which isn't too bad..But the money isn't there and I really miss the lawn industry...I have 3 full time account which I do on my day off..

5. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Get out there ASAP...they'll be your easiest ones to pick up. I would recommend visiting them in person. Hopefully everything was left on good terms...let them know if that same situation occurs this time around you have someone to cover for you until your ready to get back out there...(hopefully you can find someone).
  6. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

If you did leave on good terms then go for it! The way it sounds to me is, if you lost over 1/2 of your accounts they weren't happy campers.. Have you tried to get other customers or this is something you just decided on?? Good Luck !