Calling- RESTOROB..update on Kohler 25

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mowisme, Dec 2, 2007.

1. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

Rob- thought I better fill you in on a dire mistake I mentioned to you. I was looking at the STHM this morning scratching my head on 1) why my 25hp Kohler would have adjustable valves when it isn't supose to? 2) how did I get at right side cover without pulling motor?..Then my eye caught the 21hp Kawi sitting on stand waiting to be fixed (broken rod) then It dawned on me! THAT was the motor that I had adjusted valves on..just before it blew (doesn't sound too good does it?) but, I'm sorry for the miss leading- I'm sure you knew I had something mixed up thou. So that is where I'm at..going to look at plugs and go from there. Gene

2. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

Rob- I stated on original post today that I found the label that fell off motor. It was on motor right next to original. says: TEST ENGINE-NOT FOR RESALE..so that must be why numbers are goofy? I have no Idea why it is on this machine? This was a municipal unit I believe so Maybe city had access to those motors? Gene

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm, I just knew there was a Kawi someplace.....:hammerhead:

That's OK, I only wasted a extra half hour of my life making SURE I didn't miss anything.....:cry: