Calls ABout NOt To Cut The Yard THis Week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey, Sep 27, 2004.

1. corey

corey LawnSite Member

I have been getting calls from my customers saying dont cut my yard i just had it plugged and seeded!!!!!!!! Why Dont They Call Me to Do that?

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually like to send out a letter or a reminded part way through the season(s) to remind my past and present customers about the services we offer. Sometimes ill send out a letter if I add something like i just started doing Fert. so i sent out a letter about that as well a list of other services. You could also send out a postcard like thing as well or attached to your bill. This is the time of season which you might want to think about the following services which my company can provide to your property: Seeding and Plugging, Fall Cleanup, Winter Fert. etc. Get the idea. Good Luck.

Jeff

Some of my customers and calling me and telling me not to come since the grass doesn't seem to be growing as fast.

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you told them you offer those services?

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Corey,

Something I do with my businesses is always include a section on an invoice that is an advertisement of other services/products provided. This way you are always in their face with what else you can offer. If that won't work for you, with each invoice, add in a line item of something like:

**** Mark your calendars for your Fall Cleanups. Call For Details/Schedule/Estimate/Blah Blah Blah****

Tony,
    Dayton, Ohio

5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

That is exactly what I do, and it is getting me more work than I can handle. And that is goood!!!!

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

In the blank area of my invoice I include some thing like this.
    CORE AERATION SPECIAL!!!! $150.00

For many years, professional golf course greens keepers have know that the secret of a beautiful, dense turf is to aerate their courses two or three times each year, allowing healthy grass roots to thrive. Now your lawn, too, can enjoy the benefits of professional aeration.

Why should you aerate your lawn?
    Controls harmful thatch - Increases root development - Improves overall plant health - Reduces soil compaction - Allows air, water, fertilizer and other nutrients to penetrate the soil - Great for seeding new grass

To learn more about Core Aeration, or to schedule an Aeration for your lawn call our office today, or simply check the box provided on your remittance stub:

Then on the remittance stub, I will include this.
    [ ] Call today or simply check this box to schedule Core Aeration $150.00

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Corey, Do you offer Fert. and weed control? Most people will go with the fert and weed control company for Aeration. If you offer this service, then you need to do everything you can to show these people that you are more then just the guy that cuts their grass. This is something that most of us have to go through from time to time.

8. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

In 8 years I've noticed that people rarely spend a lot of time looking at their invoices. They check out the amount due and thats about it. Messages on invoices rarely get read. I try to upsell services in my newsletter with slightly better luck.

If you want to market to current customers, this is the thing to do. Get yourself some neon colored paper stock. In your word processing program, duplicate the message as many times as it takes to fill up an entire page. Print this out on the neon paper stock and cut the messages into indivdual message strips. Staple these message strips to the front of your invoice. It's the first thing your customers will see and they will be compelled to read it because of the eye-catching color.

Another thing you can do is develop a lawn and landscape maintenance report for each and every client. Note indiviudal add-on services that would enhance the health and beauty of their lawn and landscape. Not only will the client appreciate the individual touch, they will often times take you up on your recommendations.