calls-close ratio

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cochino12, Mar 15, 2005.

1. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I've noticed a lot of threads about flyers and the response they have generate. What percent of calls are you closing? and is the close % different with advertising medium?

2. Palmer Lawn Care LLC

Palmer Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

The call percentage is about 1-3% of the total number of fliers you put out.
    Im not sure what the percentage is for a acual number of people that sign up. But I guess that that would be 50-60% of those people that call.

3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

An actual % of calls that one is supposed to close ( if I'm not low balling or too high) can to me be misleading. If a potential customer calls more than one lco then your closing is going to be different than if they just call one lco.I have found out that many times a person tells me that they called several but I was the only one to show up so I get the account. This I feel can make ones % of call closing go up. I know this year I've had 2 calls to go with me, and they called no one else. Just said they liked what I had to offer. I know this after checking with some of the other lco's and my minimum is higher than their's Just my thoughts. Tony

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

First year for us sending out direct-mail flyers.

Sent them out week or so before presidents weekend. Got hit with a few snow storms during that time frame. Mailed out ~850 flyers...20 targeted commercial establishments of my choosing and the rest were residential. Received two calls from the 830 residential. Locked one residential up. Other I sent quote via mail, haven't heard back and its been a little over a week. Thats ok, priced high cause he had gates that I could only get a 21" push mower into. So, I'm looking at a really crappy callback rate and 50% retention/closeout percentage. Not much of a sample size. I got one phone call out of the 20 commercial flyers...So I'm at 1/2%...Called today with questions on the phone and a quote for next seasons snow removal...said its between myself and anothers bid...keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm going to repeat the mailings end of this week depending on the approaching storm. Soon as a few days of nice spring weather are forecasted I plan on sending out...but end of next week at the latest. Our goal were 10 more residential clients and 2 more commercial locked up by mid-April...not looking to good but our chins are up.