Calvin's Lawns

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by calvinslawnservices, Apr 16, 2012.

1. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Forgot one
    [​IMG]

2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Looks alright man, mulch looks a bit lumpy and stripes need to be straighter!

3. calvinslawnservices

The mulch wasn't quite done when I took that pic, I go back with the leaf rake and knock down the clumps. The whole process of the transformation of the back yard was backwards. We did the mulch and the dry creek bed and then the pathway and plantings. As for the stripes, yea I am working on it...

4. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Stripes look awesome, but my question is, why is the deck so offset on your Toro? On my Turf Tracer 52", the deck is centered.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. daniel1015

daniel1015 LawnSite Member

Hey looks really good. Strips look nice just need o be a little straighter like mentioned above. I give you props for using the walk behind! I noticed on a couple of the mulch picture, that along the side walls and objects it was uneven. Just a tip, if you keep the edges in front and the edges along walls and around objects even, you won't even notice the middle. As long as there is no huge piles.

Everything looks awesome. I'm also 20. It's nice to see people our age out doing something, besides being jobless and lazy as hell. Check out my thread when you get a chance
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. calvinslawnservices

Tyler- I'm not sure why its so offset. It is a 1993 model so i guessing it has something to do with it.

Daniel- Thanks for the tip. I am always looking for ways to improve my work. I alot of my friends are just bumming by right now.

7. calvinslawnservices

Figured since its raining, finally. I would post some pictures.

Stripes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A mess of a edging job:
    [​IMG]

Shrub removal:
    Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tree Removal:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive mowed alot with that era 52" walk behind. They are scalping monsters if you are not care full. Mine always made a funky stripe.

9. calvinslawnservices

Very true, It can scalp in a hurry if your not watching it. But they are great for getting under trees and everything, makes for less trimming but funky stripes.

10. calvinslawnservices

Been a while, busy working.
    Demo'd a scag. Like the stripes way better than the toro walkbehind.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked up a new account. Mess of an edging job.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Large tree fell in a storm we had a couple weeks back. Hit the corner of the house rolled off and smashed a fence.

[​IMG]