Came across my company info on another website.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BSDeality, Dec 11, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

While checking my search engine ranking I discovered a Magnetic Sign maker had listed my company under his portfolio/resume thing on his website. I have never spent a penny with his company, nor had I ever been to his website. I sent him an email and demanded to be removed from his list. There was another builder from my town on there and I'm 99% sure he had his magnets done locally also. I think this scumbag just googles businesses from each state and then lists them as clients.

I'm listed here: http://www.magneticsigns.com/mapct.html

You might want to check and see if you're listed too.

2. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

He must have deleted it................or im an idiot and dont see it.:hammerhead:

3. BSDeality

use the "find" feature in your browser. It is listed by town then alphabetical.

Stateline Landscaping, LLC Ridgefield, CT

4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

have they responded to you yet? It is there I found it. They have a lot of lawn and landscape company's listed

5. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a good friend of mine's business listed there. I will have to ask him if its true.

6. BSDeality

the owner did respond. They count inquiries for work as something they've done and promote it as so. He did have an old email address of mine, which dates back 3 years. His records indicated I asked for a sign/layout. They have a form where you can generate a sign from text or clip-art and get a price for it without actually ordering it. That must be what I did because I have no recollection of going back and forth and requesting a layout and design since I had mine done locally. All in all he was very professional about it.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I checked around for competitors around me but there were hardlty any LCO's listed.

8. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe the sign company you used in turn had him print the signs?

9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

wow thats a lot of people on that list why does he feel the need to have all them

10. BSDeality

not a chance a franchise would hire out something that is their specialty to an online business.