camera pays off

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Toy2, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, decide to head out this morning to get extra fuel, hand out postcards/fliers with the youngest.......target an area where I have few homes already, round the corner and nearly takeout this dumba$$....at first i thought no way in hell.......but it is true....king of Scrubs had hit the area....Go figure!!!

scrub 001_edited2.jpg

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

hopefully its an enterprising neighborhood kid and not a grown up...

3. Toy2

The crazy part of the whole day was my son's comment: "Why do you need commercial equipment and trailer"?.....The kid behind the wheel of this monster did mow the lawn behind him, he looked no more than 13 or 14......I guess I need to make a wooden trailer, attach it to the 36" and send my 15 year old son down the road.....pick up a few accounts??? :dizzy:

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

At least the kid ain't sitting around playing video games and smoking weed..

He could do a lot worse than Mow grass.

5. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

WOW I really cant say anything at all. Thats how I get to my jobs. Except I have a lot nicer looking troy-bilt super bronco pulling a metal trailer with a commercial john deere push mower, a backpack blower, and a string trimmer inside.

Thats the only way I can cause im only 13 and I cant hook the big trailer up to my moms car and my dad is usually at work when I do my jobs. The one bad part Is sitting on the mower for 30 minutes just to get there.

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you saying this kid is scrub?Because he is doing something with his life.It's just what txlawnking stated better then him being lazy and sitting around.I started with my family Bolens tractor when I was 12.I had the trailer hooked on with my fuel and trimmer with a old Ryan handheld blower.give the kid credit dont bash him...

7. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 LawnSite Member

my freind and i used to walk to jobs with the push mower and weed whacker, sometimes we'd have to take the push blower rakes and tarp too :realmad: not fun

8. Paul H.

Paul H. LawnSite Member

My cousins used to cut grass. We would hop on the Quadrunner 230 and PULL the mower behind it while holding the weedeater. Did I mention that there were THREE of us on the 4 wheeler!! If its a young kid then good for him. If its an adult I would be ashamed.

Paul

9. Toy2

Yes, I call him a scrub.......what else do I call him?.....he is endangering himself as others with that trimmer, when is the last time you read the instruction manual for your equipment? It states " Never allow children to operate or play with the unit"....what happens if he hits a vehicle with a rock? Breaks a window??...... You bet if it was my truck hit, its coming out of his ass.....My 15 year is helping me this year, very smart, very strong....21" and blower are all he uses...plus it my ass on the line if something happens to him or my customer or a bystander......Scrub it is!!

10. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm glad that you started out at a young age with the best equipment possible. Seriously man, grow up and stop trying to be one of the guys who bashes scrubs. There is nothing wrong with a kid, which I am, working. I think you understand by now that the thread you started as a way to make fun of that kid has backfired on you.