Camera

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by neversatisfiedj, Apr 30, 2006.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

This may get moved ;9

I am having issues with alot of sun glare on my digital photos? Help

I have to sell jobs with these photos.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

2 options:

1. Place you hand over the camera to block the glare, this I ido frequently. Make sure your hand is out of the view window.

2. Try a lens filter that goes on your lens. This more than likely will not make a difference. Just a suggestion.

96% of the pics on our website were taken by myself (a few are client supplied pics), many of them I had sun glare to contend with. http://www.outdoorfinishes.com

3. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Try taking the pictures at a time of day when the sun isn't too bright, or on a cloudy day.

4. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

DVS , very very nice work !! Awesome. How long after job is completed do you take your pics ? I will try the hand shield technique.

5. Pavers Plus

Pavers Plus LawnSite Member

I think the best pictures you can take are on an overcast day. Just put together a list of projects you want to take pictures of and then on a day that is overcast, go shoot as many as you can. Sunny days produce too much shadows and contrast, thus making it difficult to see the project.

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Never Satisfied - It depends on the work that I'm shooting.

If my intent is to capture shots of a hardscape, then I'll probably wait for the grass to re-establish.

Landscapes are trickier to shoot. If my intent is to show pics of a landscape and hardscape combined, then I'll wait 12 months for the plants to get a little growth on them. I have pics on my site right now with plants that are not developed and I can't wait to go back and shoot new pics. But its not that easy - because in many cases when I return 12-15 months later to shoot new pics, the beds are full of weeds, or the mulch is compacted and fadded.