cameras update

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I was putting off buying a camera for expense reasons, but I can't imagine holding off making post cards, webpages, etc.

The Nikon 40 is available with 10 megapixels now. Anyone got one and like it? Or can anyone refer me to a good deal around $600+?

Thanks,

MIke

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

still love our pentax istdl... the k100d is the newer one and is avalible for less... I seen the camera your talking about for around 5 bones from either sams or walmart.

I still plan to get a much higher end camera one day such as the canon or something.

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

4. Mike M

from usa

Yikes, just got rates for the yellow pages. Won't need a camera for that ad. But I will need one to do the direct mail idea.

I just want to make sure the camera has plenty of manual settings for night shots. There are a few nice camera's in the entry level with 10 megapixels and nice lenses.

I was at Starbucks yesterday staring at the beautiful packaging of their coffee, realizing how important visual is for food, and it really hit me how important it is for me to get nice pic's. They hit you with taste, smell, strong visuals, and they even have a starbucks satelite radio music program. The least I can do is work on great visuals for a website, portfolio, post cards, etc. Hey, and if I do a trade show this year, I'll serve free Starbucks coffee and play acustic CD's. hmmm.

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I like my Canon EOS Rebel XT. I think they are down to about $600 now.

6. Greg_B

Greg_B LawnSite Member

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

You will not go wrong with this camera and all of its accessories. For a bit more, upgrade to the image stabilized lens.

If you want to get one step better, look to the Canon EOS 40D rig. I have the older version and swear by it.

8. Mike M

from usa

The Canon Rebel xti 10 megapix w/lens is only 647.00 new (lists for 1,400 I think) at Amazon right now. Was able to find similar prices for Nikon 40 w/10 megapix & lens.

I like both, thanks for the recommendations. Can anyone with knowledge of both models tell me if one seems much better than the other??

I may go with you guys on Canon.

9. bmwsmity

bmwsmity LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Ohio

not to wander off topic, but i'd steer clear of doing anything much with the yellow pages. little results for way too much money from what i've seen so far.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree. A simple column listing makes you look more reputable to most folks. A display ad attracts shoppers. What you want in the long run is more word of mouth, less out of pocket.