Can a Grasshopper Tow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ford850, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ford850

Ford850 LawnSite Member

Is there a rear tow hitch available for frount mount Grasshoppers? Can you tow a fertilizer spreader or boom sprayer cart? I know some ZTR brands offer tow hitches but haven't seen one for Grasshoppers.
    Thanks.
    Mark

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you search ebay for "grasshopper mower" there used to be a few on there that mount at the rear.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just went and looked all through the stores and everything. I didnt' see one. Keep checking though, one will pop up.

4. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns LawnSite Member

I have a 2" hitch receiver on my 722D never use is anymore. Not sure what I paid for it at the time.

I do have a broom, cabin, and heater for the 722D I am looking to sell......

Ron G

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Grasshopper does not offer a hitch assy. however, it is very easy to build your own. I have seen a lot of good homemade ones come through our shop. On midmounts, I simply drill and mount a piece of angle iron to the rear of the frame, to form a tow hitch. for years, I have towed a large Fert. spreader behind my Grasshoppers. A friend of mine uses his Grasshopper to tow a spray rig with a 50 gal. tank.

6. Ford850

Ford850 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the answers. I don't have a GH yet, but I hope to buy a 700 series this spring. I forgot to look closer at the rear of the frontmount mowers when I was checking into them last fall. As long as it's been done by others, I'm sure I can figure a way to mount a trailer hitch.
    Is the new pricing out yet for the GH's? Any changes to the 700's that you know of?

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Prices did not go up much for 2008. Average increase of maybe $200.00/machine, a little less on some, a little more on others.

8. stratfordpropertycare

stratfordpropertycare LawnSite Member

Hey Ron G, prices on the GH stuff you wish to sell ? looking for the same for my 928 D

Al

9. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer said a 722D with 61" deck, off the top of his head, was between $11,000-11,500. I was in there a couple weeks ago looking at the new inventory that just came in.

10. ezmower

ezmower LawnSite Member

Hi,
    Anybody ever find a hitch for a grasshopper mower? I have a 722d and am looking for one.