Can a WRIGHT 36" sTANDER Tow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn0, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn0

Strawbridge Lawn0 LawnSite Member

Gonna ditch the Encore Z-34 based on the Pro's here. The Wright Stander 36" Deck should suffice getting into tight spaces. Does anyone no if this can be set up to tow an aerator, Trac Vac
    and so forth. No hills here and not alot of weight.

SL&L

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

IMHO I wouldn't try it. THe rear wheels of this machine are very narrow and leave a heavy footprint. Maybe w/a 48 or 52.

Bob

3. Strawbridge Lawn0

Turfdude, Do you feel it is because of just weight? (tire tracks)
    I don't weigh much and don't intend on towing anything with alot of tonge weight.

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you use a JRCO thingamabob it should work they mount on the front.

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

If you ever saw the rear tires on the 36, you'd know what I was talking about. The tires are very narrow, so they leave a heavier footprint than their wide counterparts w/ wider tires.
    If you were to try to add more weight on the *** end, I think it would only add to that problem.
    Bob

6. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have ran that machine, very nice but I'm not into fixed deck machines. And towing would not be really smart, not to mention there's not much to hook up to except a little platform you stand on. And the drive tires are VERY small.

7. Strawbridge Lawn0

I was kind of concerned about that when looking more closely at pictures of the back of the machine. I am not a fixed deck fan either, but I am desparately looking for a multipurpose machine to replace my 34" Simplicity. If I could modify the machine to tow my 44" aerator, rotart spreader, dethatcher, vac system.
    Thank you for your reply.

Lots of folks don't buy into the small rider concept, (yet) but the fact is, a small rider, ZTR, Stander can replace and be more efficient than a Walk Behind especially for 1 and 2 man operations where that is absolutely essential. Those who own standers now will tell you they are. All the industry needs is an EM manufacturere to wake up and design something like the Encore Z-34 only heavier duty with a wide assortment of attachments

GAry
    SL&L

8. ANDY-W

ANDY-W LawnSite Member
    from IN

We own a 52" Wright stander and we made a small hitch on the back and pulled a 36" aerator. It worked fine. You are not adding anymore weight to the back by just pulling with it. The hydros do get a bit hotter so don't try to run it for 8hrs straight.
    It was fast. We are buying a z-pluger next fall. We did a demo
    with one this fall. It was unbelivable. Good luck!

9. Strawbridge Lawn0

Andy, Thank you.. First positive sign I have heard regarding that possibility. I have a turf vent 44" aerator that I would love to tow in larger back yards confined by smaller gates. I have a W/B Plugr for all other situations. The other BIG need is VAC Collection. I have no use for side mounted bag devices because again of confinement so a rear bagger/tow unit would allow me to clean leaves and de-thatched grass from those properties quickly and efficiently. The heaviest tongue weight would be from the engine on a Trac Vac the rest is over the cart wheels.
    Again thanks

10. ANDY-W

ANDY-W LawnSite Member
    from IN

Check out Hasty Vac for a possible vac system. I talked to them last fall and they were working on a vac just for the stand on units. Don't know if its done yet. Their phone# is 765-482-8925. They are located in IN. I have another one of their vacs for a Dixie. Great people to work with.