can anybody explain low pressure vinyl siding cleaning?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by snapper, Feb 17, 2012.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

The thing i cant grasp it what nozzles to use? i understand bigger hole means less pressure full flow, but i need an example of what nozzle? i have a 3500psi 4gpm belt drive and trying to understand this.. I want to try this because i have some vinyl to clean. I bought a chemical injector and have a soap nozzle. So i have to figure out what cleaner to use? and what nozzle. So any suggestions?

later!! chris

2. Houston Tx Roof Cleaning

Houston Tx Roof Cleaning LawnSite Member
    from Katy Tx

When you use a large diameter nozzle it creates a venturi effect at your injector which draws your cleaning solution down stream. I prefer a .30 nozzle.
    Give Lori a call at Pressure Washer Products.com (800) 519-9279 or email her at
    sales@pressurewasherproducts.com. Tell her that I referred you to her and that you need help. She loves helping people get started.

3. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

Bob @ Pressure tek will hook you up. For a 4gpm rig you will be best off with xx30 tips to apply soap

4. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

Chris - we do low pressure vinyl siding cleaning without a pressure washer. I mean really low pressure! It's all in the chemistry. The pics in the top banner were done with less than 65 PSI:

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't it just clorox mixed with water sprayed on and then rinsed with a water hose? Keep in mind I'm a grass cutter not a person in pressure washing.

6. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

There's a little more too it than that ;-)

7. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

whats more to it ted. explain your process?

8. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

you need the correct injector, correct tips, know how to wash in a way that is productive, correct GPM, correct PSI, etc...

Is there anything more to cutting the grass than buying a $60 mower at home depot and calling yourself a professional landscaper?

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

so a chainsaw dont make me a swamp logger??????

10. FullBlast

FullBlast LawnSite Member

Not sure... I'm not familiar with swamp logging but it may!!! HAHA
    Thats funny!!!