Can anyone actually brag on a Lesco mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southlin, Aug 21, 2005.

1. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

Thinking of buying a lesco, one problem. There are no dealers in my area. I would have to have one shipped to me. Is it worth it? Or should I just buy another exmark or toro. Like the looks of a lesco but by having to have it shipped i wont even be able to test it.

Any opinions on lesco would be appreciated.

I know, i know it depends on what i like. :help:

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I have a good opinion of LESCO.

GEO

3. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

All the machines are basically the same. Ithink the Lesco could use some bigger tires.

4. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a brand new lesco 48" Hydro-pistol grip. Its got great power, but I don't like the quality of cut. Doesn't even compare to my toro. Price was the driving force behind buying it.

5. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

My Lesco 36" hydro has 16 x 6.5 tires, same height as most other hydro wb's but 2" narrower. I have never had a problem with them. I really like my mower, it cuts as well as if not better than Exmark and Scagg. Some of the Lesco stores don't carry many parts but the stuff that usually goes out (bearings, belts, hoses) can be purchased at auto parts stores. And the engine and hydro parts can be found at any power equipment dealer.

6. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

I saved a bunch of money by buying Lesco over Scag. (48 belt)

7. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

The bigest draw back to buying that Lesco is dealer support and repair, otherwise Lesco is a great mower. It would be better to stick with local dealers, because they can fix their/your mowers alot faster than you can fix your Lesco on your own. The less down time is the key.

8. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Deere to match that trailer

9. robby

robby LawnSite Member

We have 3 lesco dealers in my area and i'm in the process now of looking for a new mower for next year. I'm very tempted by the fact that they are about 30% cheaper than deere, exmark, scag, etc. But I gotta believe that they are cheaper for a reason? Plus I see ZERO mowing services using them here in the cincinnati area. I dont think ive ever seen a lesco mower on a mowing truck or trailer passing by me. Makes me wonder who the heck is even buying them. But the same can almost be said for John Deere mowers in this area. You rarely see them being used either, but i've had great luck with my deere over the years. I'm just debating whether to try and save a buck and give Lesco a try. I wish there were more users out there that we could get input from.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

While that SHOULD be true, in reality, that is not always the case.
    That was my reasoning for not trying Lesco mowers for years.

But I finally got tired of dealing with the local yocals and was going to have to use an out of town dealer to get any decent support on a big name brand piece of equipment. So I said what the heck. I went and checked out another Lesco location and demoed a mower.

I bought on the spot, and frankly, I have found that both the mower and the service is superior. Lesco service after the sale makes the locals look bad from 80 miles away. Customer service response times are fast, parts availability is great, and parts delivery is convienent. Right to my doorstep the next day.