Can Anyone Do a Carfax for me?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by chevydump03, Jun 9, 2008.

1. chevydump03

chevydump03 LawnSite Member

I've been looking at a truck, but since it is a long way away, I am unable to look at it in person. Pictures look like just what I am looking for, but would feel much better about it if I had more information.

Can someone do a Carfax for me? vin no. 1gcjk39171e284405.

thanks,
    Gary

2. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Why can't you do the carfax yourself????:dizzy:

3. chevydump03

I was looking for someone that already has a paid subscription. I can do it, I was just trying to save a buck, if there was a member who had already paid for the service. Isn;t that what this site is for, to help each other?

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Gary,

I'll ask dad if he can still do it.
    Then i'll call you

5. chevydump03

:cool2:thanks Ron, stay cool

6. Mowbizz

Sounds more like "mooching" to me... hey buddie...got a smoke...? If you can't afford $25 for a carfax subscription, how the heck you gonna survive out there?

Whatever....I would never dream of mooching on someone else's dime...

7. chevydump03

Mowbiz, I don't know what your problem is, and don't care. As you get involved with more sites such as this, the members help each other out, to save each other money as well as costly mistakes. If you don't have anything to contribute, take it elsewhere!

If you ask for information, or help, I hope you don't get some young kid smart mouthing, so they feel better about themselves.

If I misunderstood your intentions, I appologize. Otherwise take it for what it is worth.

8. Mowbizz

Spend $25 bucks and stop mooching and I wouldn't even have posted...I don't have any problem taking care of my own expenses...It's mooching for a free carfax...any way you look at it. Just the facts ma'am. I don't see a bunch of people rushing to give away their hard earned $$$$ to a moocher...

9. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

Car-fax is not all it used to be.

Minor accident front left corner could mean the bumper needed replaced because of a close call with a deer, or tweaked frame, and a new front clip.

I would rather not know!

The last 3 cars I have purchased have been off eBay and only 1 had a car-fax because it came with the listing. all three times I flew into the major city, drove them home and things have been good. The first one I sold with in a week for 2k profit because I didn't like the way the car-seat fit against the front passenger seat.

BUY HIGHEND CARS AND YOU GET HIGH END PEOPLE TAKING CARE OF THEM.

10. chevydump03