Can anyone get a 2005 Hustler 37" WB cheaper than $4,600 + tax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Jan 15, 2005.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Need to buy before Feb. 28 to get the no interest Hustler is offering through Sheffield. Closes local dealer quoted me $4,600 + tax. Has anyone been quoted a cheaper price?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would certainly hope so :dizzy: 4600 hundred bucks for a 37" WB??? Holy Christmas, that's a lot!!!

3. gglawns

gglawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I got quoted the same thing the other day. It is because the Hustlers only come in hydros. They dont make a belt drive mower.

4. rodfather

It better :rolleyes: ...shoot, I can get a Ferris 61" dual drive WB for only 600 bucks more.

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Hustler's are very expensive. I own a 52" Hustler Z and after seeing the prise go way up I am going to buy Exmark next. I can't see paying over $7500 for a mid sized ZTR with a carburetor gas engine. The Hustler Z (not super Z)starts at $8,649 and goes up to $9,999. No thanks... My dealer quotes MSRP too.

6. rodfather

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that. ;)

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I called my dealer about the 37’’ a couple of months ago and he quoted me $3,999.00. when I called him about my 54’’ SWB, he beat everyone that I called $1,000 or more!
    Some of the dealers said that they had no idea how they could sell them so cheap because they were paying more than I would from that dealer. Its probably based on the amount of machines the dealers sell. Good luck!
    I hope you find a dealer as good as mine is to me.
    Jeff

8. J.Gordon

That’s where your dealer has you by the short and curlys, when I purchased my SWB a year and a half ago, I could have got a 60’’ Super-Z with a 25-horse Kawasaki for $7,250 with a extra set of blades.
    When I priced the 37’’ W-B he said it would still be about the same price. Of course I would expect to pay more now that the price of steel has skyrocketed.

9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I'm talking about prices today, not 1 1/2 years ago. They went up quit a bit since then. Exmark dealer told me they might go up 1-2 hundred for 05.

I understand hustler is a great product, but I think if they came down a little they would increase sales and profit. I would buy another one if it was the same price as Exmark.

I might add that I have no dealings with the current Hustler dealer in my area. Looks like it will stay that way. The Exmark dealer I have been demoing with seems like a top rated dealer.

10. J.Gordon

When I called my dealer about the 37’’ (about a couple of months ago) he said the super Z would be about the same price as a year and a half ago for me. Which was $7250. I can still get the Super-Z 60'' for under $7,500 with the Kawasaki. And that price would be for today or tomorrow.