Can anyone help me out.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gobblet, Jul 16, 2007.

1. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

Have tried twice to get the right size to loosen oil drain bolt but can not find the right size. Does anyone know what size of wrench the oil drain bolt on a briggs 24 hp engine on a Scag zero might be.(had to just drain oil through filter) Let me first say i have a 200 piece tool kit in truck and nothing fits starting to think that it needs to be a wrench but there is not much clearance to use wrench.
    Will be getting model number and contacting briggs tommorrow.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

maybe its metric

3. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

I've tried standard and metric. After wenching on cars,motorcyles,lawn equipment this is the worst bolt that i have come across, and it is not stripped. Just can't find the size.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Um..

Adjustable wrench?

One of your wrenches has GOT to fit it. Either that or it's partially rounded off.

5. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

never has been removed, to tight for adjustible wrench.

6. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

Yes, maybe I can use a 3-4 in. in length adjustable wrench. Last resort, just have to dig it up.

7. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe 5/8's..... At Wal-Mart they sell this socket with a series of metal rods in it that form around a bolt/nut. You may have to use a rubber mallet or cheater on the wrench, but it will come off.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Just use socket head that comes closest to it.....one of them fits almost perfect dont' remember if metric but probably is. No much room on Kohler for adjustqble wrench don't know about the bigger engines.

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I have that mower and it is I believe a 9 or 10 mm metric.

10. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

Maybe it's one of those "b@stard" sizes. Sears catalog, 1/2 drive lists both a 19/32 and a 21/32 socket.

Please let us know when you find out.