Can anyone help me

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by handeman41, Oct 11, 2006.

1. handeman41

handeman41 LawnSite Member
    from Troy Al

I just bought a new Kubota ZG-23 with a 54" deck.
    The problem is when I the unit got hot (about 1 hour of use) the deck is hydraulic it will not raise.It works fine when the unit it cold.Bought it last week I have less then 6 hours on this machine. Does anyone out here know of others with a ZG that is having this problem.
    Any advice at all would be of help.
    And should I keep this unit OR get my money back!
    Thanks in advance,
    Scott

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It may be low on fluid, but regardless of what it is, don't mess with it...take it back and let them take care of it. This gives them no reason to say you did something improperly. As far as the notion of just returning ir for a refund or replacement,...forget it, because it isnt going to happen.

3. handeman41

from Troy Al

Thanks Joe, for replying.The thing that has me so mad is I asked the dealer if there was anything that I needed to know about the mower.He told me that in the last year only 2 units gave any problem and that was because they didn't keep the pumps clean of trash.When I took the unit back to the dealer he said that ,that was a problem on some of them and I had to live with it.
    The fluid levels were all full and no leaks anywhere.

4. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

did they repair it? if not you need to call Kabota's distributor for your area and tell them.

5. skapulka

skapulka LawnSite Member

The fluid might not be right for that machine. So when it gets hot theres no pressure.

6. handeman41

from Troy Al

the dealer IMO doesn't know or care. The machine cut grass great. I have some long hills and it ran fine. There was no fade at all on the drive just the lift on the deck.The fluid and all that was done at the dealer.
    Right now the dealer has had it longer then me. ME I got it TUESDAY at lunch cut 4 hours and Wednesday cut 2 hours took it back Thursday morning and they still have it.

7. skapulka

skapulka LawnSite Member

You could have a bad plunger in the lift cyclinder, O-ring in valve bank bad or not there, so when the fluid gets hot it creas a blow by. With machine full throttle & stopped "hot" does it go up not at all or up slow

8. handeman41

from Troy Al

With machine full throttle & stopped it will only raise about 1" at the time every time you hold the pedel down. When the mower is cold and you press the pedel the deck works flawlessly, very fast up.

9. handeman41

from Troy Al

You can also grab the deck when it's hot and help it up.
    I think that the deck lift cyclinder is bad.