can anyone help ?????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mowerpower, Jan 9, 2005.

1. mowerpower

mowerpower LawnSite Member

I am trying to get your opinions on a fertilization program for 32 acres. My other jobs I do are usually 5,000-10,000 sq Ft. This is also different because it is a soccer field , so I expect the program should be a little different than my residential programs and I'm not sure how to price such a large job. Thanks to anyone who can help me!

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

I would suggest finding a local supplier and asking them what they recommend for product. As far as pricing that is for you to figure out based on the materials cost, your overhead, the value of your time (desired profit), etc. I would price a fert only at about 3k and could do it in a long day with my Z-spray.

3. mowerpower

mowerpower LawnSite Member

I got prices from Lesco, but they seem rather high. They said something like $486 per acre for yearly program. Any other supplier ideas? Thanks alot.

4. You need to find out what the client wants. I would assume more than one company will be bidding, so the client should specify what they want applied, so everybody is bidding on the same program!

5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

$150 per acre per application on something this size. 3 ferts (one with crab pre) and one broadleaf herb. $19200.00

6. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I agree except I would do a late crab and blanket broadleaf in spring and include another blanket broadleaf in Oct.

7. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I would do an extra broadleaf weed app only if I was sure I had it the next year or they were willing to pay for it.

8. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

I would be cautios with this contract. It may look profitable on paper but if your dealing with youth leagues and lots of traffic from kids, beware the power of Soccer moms! I have a contract with a local youth org. to do ONLY organic fert. apps.. they didint want to hear about any pesticicides being used at all. Are the fields perfect? No but they are happy and i make a decent # on the job. Just know that everyone who plays on that field is a potential risk.

9. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

That is an excellent point. My programs get the fall blanket no matter what, come the next spring you'll have the most dandelion free yards in the neighborhood. I treat a large HOA (50 plus acres) and only do so when school is in session or early in the a.m. :)

10. lawnboyCO

lawnboyCO LawnSite Member

Yeah, as soon as those Soccer moms get a glimpse of a pest. flag, there gonna go bananas :blob3: