Can anyone please give some advice on tanks?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by MisterRatburn, May 14, 2008.

1. MisterRatburn

MisterRatburn LawnSite Member
    from NY

Has anyone on this site ever made their own tank? I've been a welder for 20+ years, and have been certified in New York State for high-pressure pipe welding. The actual fabrication of the tank would not be a biggie, but the design of the agitator and how to drive it is something I know nothing about. I am not sure what bearings I would need to use for the agitator shaft or what the paddles typically look like. I've Googled for plans or ideas on the net for building a tank, but fail to turn up anything. I also do not know what kind of gear reduction sprockets and other hardware for the motor drive are used to turn the agitator. Basically, I don't have any plans or a model to copy from and I don't know how to design it.

I would like to know what size outlets I would need on the tank. How many outlets? How the manhole on top is typically built... and if it needs to close down watertight?... does the door lock down? Or just lay closed? So many questions... no answers!

2. Coater

Coater LawnSite Member
    from MI.

Try looking at seal-rite's web site or order a catalog and study that. I will help you all I can with building your new tank.

3. MisterRatburn

from NY

Thank you!

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

5. MisterRatburn

from NY

Not at your prices!

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member