1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recomend software for me.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Mow It All llc, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a new program to help with landscape design. I want to be able to make a design, show the customer a picture in 3-d, and have alot of flower and shrub pictures. Can anyone please recomend something good.....Thanks

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

hope this helps
    i started with total 3d from individual software. that was great for the past 2 years. but 6 days ago the inability to make a curved wall and really port tech support and a today deadline i rushed out and took a chance on master landscape pro v-10 from punch software. very impressive, atleast to someone who cannot afford a 1200.00 program or a gig of ram
    the features a more along the thinking of the higher end programs
    the real pros on here will probably say other wise but they have cake ice cream and a beer. the customers i have were more than impressed with the total 3d but this newer will blow of the socks

total 3d- 45.00 master landscape - 65.00

her is a littlescreen shot hope i have kelped
  4. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

I really appreciate it. That was the one I looked at in Best Buy. Can you put a picture of the actuall house in there???

that is a photo of the actual house.
    just now getting into other features and have found it comparable to the 1200 programs for sure. it can mask, remove, and replicate things ergo i can put brick on the photo. create layouts and more i use this program in conjunction with adkads and feel unstoppable on my paper and virtual presentaions. ( i carry a lap top for on the fly estimates and for customer shows this thing will let you make a video show of a fly around the house at any level punch has a great program
  6. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Pro Landscape by Drafix for professional software to impress your client with your ideas. Keep in mind, none of these programs is "design" software and is merely presentation tool to allow your client to understand your landscape concept. Pro Landscape also allows you to create detailed plans and proposals, and the plant library is ok.

If your looking for a great plant library and photo source, check out Horticopia software.

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Master Landscape Pro version 10 from punch and it has worked well for me
  8. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I use Pro Landscape by Drafix and everyone is always complaining about the price but the difference in quality and options with the CAD and nightlighting is way beyond any of the other software out there. I started like alot of people with the cheap programs but now wish I had spent the money up front for the Pro Landscape as it will make you money faster. It might cost $1200 but it will pay for itself in the first 3 months you use or sooner. People cannot say no to a layout with this software. It sells itself.