Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buddhacj7, Sep 10, 2004.

1. buddhacj7

buddhacj7 LawnSite Member

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have never ran Walkers, but to my eye, it looks as if they are pretty well ragged out, and may be at best used for parts. I wonder why he didn't post the hour meters for each one? If you've got the time and $$ to play with 'em, why not ? Personally, I'd pass, but that's just me :)

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

what's up bill?

i buy used equipment sometimes, and these look even to beat up for me. sounds like more of a headache then a bargain. but if your a good mechanic, and can operate a spray paint can, maybe there's something to it.

proenterprises likes this.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would say that it's a good deal if you already had Walker equipment. They would make great parts units. But look at it this way. If you are going to try to put one or both back to work... you will spend a small fortune in doing so. If you are looking for a machine to actually use, I would pass on these and spend a bit more for a solid work ready unit.

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know about this one. Im with fga. Im a sucker for used equipment and always am eager to take lawn gear off anyones hands. But these do look pretty shabby. Also, the seller did not post much of a description in the auction. I am always a little concerned whenever their is not much information on the stuff. I would call him and ask....service records, last tune ups, hours, etc. Looks like they lived outside their whole life, this leads to electrical problems...etc. Its your descision, if your handy, than go for it. If your not, i would look for somthing a little more recent.

6. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

stay far far away unless you want a parts/backup machine

7. BladesAway

BladesAway LawnSite Member
    from Ok

If you want a winter project go ahead and get them. The description is a little too vague for me. I would start looking really close and deterimine what needs to be replaced and see what the added cost is compared to buying something else.