Can anyone tell me what this is

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AK Lawn, Apr 9, 2005.

1. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

My brother sent me these pics of his yard in Phili, i operate in anchorage AK and haven't seen this before, can you guys help, what do we have to do to get rid of what ever this is
    AK Lawn

view.jpg

view.jpg

view.jpg

view.jpg

view.jpg

2. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

tulips, daffodils, wild onion/garlic

the flowers sometimes don't blow

just a guess

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

to get rid of it, just rip it out. it's some type of perennial, so just yank it.

4. J Hageman

J Hageman LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

They look like spring flowers to me and they will blow in Ohio if not cut off.

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

What are they doing in the grass? Don't they belong in a flower bed? LOL

6. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

That's what i was thinking, but i only got the pics, thanks for the help guys, and yeah they should stay in the flower bed!
    AK Lawn

7. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

first one is a tulip, second is daffodil and third is wild onion. Somebody put bulbs in the middle of the yard without thinking about them, the wild onion you can spray with surge, the other two you can just rip out, should pull up bulb too.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you'll never get rid of them trying to rip them out. even the slightest bit of bulb left in the soil will grow next year.

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

either it was a flower bed at one time or the squirrels and chip monks are fing with you

10. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Your pics are Tulips, Daffodils, and wild garlic. You CAN dig them up, just be sure to get all the daffodil bulbs. The tulips are the same, but they do not continue to multiply year after year like the daffodils. The garlic can be controled with 2-4-D.