1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can Business run to smoothly????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jun 13, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

My company is not getting any call backs regarding spray/fert. programs, no call backs regarding the clients bill, no call backs about complaints about our guys out and about during the day. Things just seem 2 good 2 b true??!! It is great but there seems like something is lurking around the corner??
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I know, feels very weird...

Just had a bounced check, and have over 1k in uncollected crapola...
    But that's not entirely unusual either, considering 5k/month gross...
    I get a little bit of comedy as well... But nowhere as bad as it used to be.

Could be the length of time Republican President has been in power, things apparently get like this (at least they did with Reagan). Then when the Democrats take over, it's back to the Pyramid schemes and all the rest of the bowlshed (you can see the change on the Internet, when all the get-paid/get-rich crap starts to appear).
  3. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great things are running smooth for you. But like you said, in my experience, there would be something bad lurking. Not catastrophic bad, but just the frustrating things that are bound to happen. I try not to get too pumped up when things are good, and don't get too down when things are bad. That's business.
  4. meets1

AL INC: I here ya. When things are good I try not to sit back and whatch things flow. Buth when things get ugly - which does happen - I figure hey, been good up to this point and now time to regroup and go to plan B. Although it seems weird being in this spot!
  5. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

I was just thinking of this the other day...everything is going GREAT when it comes to collecting money, the customers are happy with the job I m doing, I m really enjoying the job, just fixed my blower and all the equipment is running like new, since I got a few more jobs I made a new little system to get organized this year and that is going very smoothly...when will something go wrong? All I know is that things are going way too well...scary
  6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Silence is always how I measured how well we were doing our jobs. No one has anything to say when you are doing your work on time and as expected, in fact, for most people, any positive feedback would be like giving up a kidney. So, I would tell contract/property managers that if I didn't hear from them, I would take that in of itself as a compliment that things were running to their satisfaction and they would be feeling comfortable with how the service was running wihtout the need to manage it themselves. After all, they were paying US to be the experts, right? Average contact with a manager was once every couple of months, usually to inquire about a billing or update them on a problem that we had identified.
  7. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Enjoy the bliss while you can. You know its gonna change. :cry:
  8. meets1

As good as things have been well today was the day for a little break down. Our Toro 455D Groundsmaster - the back wheel that turns - fell off. Yep just fell off. It looks as though the hub just cracked off the 5 bolts that keep it on. The bolts are all there as well as the center of the rim but the rest of the wheel if gone. So that is the tragic ending to a wonderful ride but maybe I can start the ride all over tomorrow after we fix the wheel!