1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can Fastrack Deck Spindles handle doubles?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TCTop911, Oct 30, 2007.

1. TCTop911

TCTop911 LawnSite Member

PJ... I switched to running doubles on my new Fastrack 21/54 (Fusion bottom/Wavy mulch top) and it is reducing the clippings to near dust with my mulch kit. It seems to engage just fine with the electric clutch, just a little more load on the engage.

My question is if the deck spindles are heavy duty enough to handle doubles? Same question regarding the clutch?? I'm not sure if they are the same spindle or different from the heavy duty commercial units where guys run doubles all the time. Can you advise me here? I would certainly like to keep this setup but I don't want to do anything that might damage my mower. Thanks in advance! TC
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are commercial spindles, they are used by many mfg's.
    I am not aware of any mfg using double blades with them, so I cant comment on them or suggest running doubles.
    I would be careful with them.
  3. TCTop911

TCTop911 LawnSite Member

Hmmm... Can of you other commercial guys out there who regularly run doubles shed any light on this matter??? Have you had any spindle or clutch failures as a result?? Any info would be appreciated. TC