1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can Gopher Do This???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bigw, Jan 1, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Can Gopher download purchases from a company credit card onto gopher like quick books can? I think id prefer Gopher over quick books since im new and small right now but thats one feature about quick books that i do like.I would like to keep a record for my CPA of expenses paid out for end of year tax purposes.I know whith quick books you can link your credit card to quickbooks so everytime you use the card it automatically downloads to quick books.Then you can upload it to a flash drive along with all of your other company info and take it to my Cpa instead of taking him a truck load of reciepts? Does this make sense or am i completly off base here?
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Not sure, but I know you can link Quick Books and Gopher together. Go to the Gopher forum and ask this question. They will know for sure.
  3. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah i saw that but why would someone want both gopher and quick books? sounds like a waste of my moola.
  4. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

generally software such as gopher / clip work great at scheduling / customer info etc - Quickbooks is a true financial package which will give you much better information in terms of financial reporting, payment management etc which is why these programs all interface with it. In addition most accounts can process Quickbook files so all you have to do is send them the company file and they get all you info.
  5. if you want something that works with quickbooks and is fully a part of quickbooks check out qxpress.

you will dump gopher in a heart beat.
  6. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you get Gopher you still need QuickBooks...think about it, when you bring your Gopher file on your flash drive to your accountant how will he open it? Odds are he won't have Gopher...but he will have QuickBooks. I use both myself. However Gopher is not impressing me with the lack of updates.
  7. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

QExpress costs a zillion dollars compared to gopher though. You have to wiegh your options but I think using QB Pro and Gopher will be the best of both worlds.