1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can Hunter Pgp Do A 360 Degree Turn ??

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Lost Pine, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Lost Pine

Lost Pine LawnSite Member

Can Hunter Pgp Do A 360 Degree Turn ??
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. Back-and-forth rotation. Not in one direction
  3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

From the Hunter website:

Reversing full-circle and part-circle operation in one unit
    For fastest, hassle-free adjustment, 40°-360°, wet or dry.

4. Aran

Aran LawnSite Member

Hunter makes a PGP in a dedicated 360 degree model
    The Toro Super 8, Irritrol CR-500, and K-rain rotors are adjustable but will rotate in only one direction when set at 360 degrees. :)
  5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Every now and then I get shipped a 360 degree PGP with a regular PGP cover when I order regular PGP's.
  6. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I just purchased a bunch of PGP ADJ's from MTI, the price is the same for the non-adjustable pgp rotors! I don't understand the value of purchasing a fixed 360 degree rotor when for the same price you can get the ADJ's? :confused:
  7. PurpHaze

Sorry about my post. It's been sooooo long since I installed a PGP that I had to rely on the Hunter site for the info. I work mostly large commercial-type sites and for intermediate areas we use Hunter PGJs almost exclusively for those types of areas. Then we bump up to SS I-20s, I-25s, I-40s and I-60s for the larger areas.

8. Aran

Aran LawnSite Member

The only value you may recieve is that with no return mechanism the head will be less likely to stop rotating
  9. PurpHaze

What really becomes interesting is when other things go wrong. In the past six months I've encountered Hunter rotors that had the wrong rubberized cap on them (i.e. 36S with an ADS rubber top), cases of I-20s where the breakup screw was inserted too far "down" at manufacturing time meaning that you had to raise it first before inserting the nozzle and a few I-40 ADS that set the opposite of norm; left side was fixed and right side adjustable (internal stop had been placed on wrong side). When I encounter a number of these I fire off an email to Hunter engineers. Sometimes they are already aware of a problem and have already instituted corrections or they're not aware of the problem until several irrigation guys notify them. Either way I have found Hunter to be very interested in what we in the field have to say about their products. Once they even sent out their regional sales rep to deliver a special "gift" of appreciation to our crew; Bucktool with Hunter logo on it. :cool2: